Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Alien Resident

Alien Resident--that oxymoronic moniker now applies to me!

I have an ARC which means that I can do such Taiwanese things as pay low taxes and get health care so I can walk into a hospital and get an IV for any minor ailment.

It also means I can go back to Canada and then return to Taiwan again without going through the oft hasslesome visa application process.

I can also get a Taiwanese drivers license but the odds of a traffic cop speaking to someone who is visibily foreign is so slight that a drivers license is virtually unnecessary.

In other news, prompted by requests to see pictures of the gecko I refered to in a previous post, I've started a little catalogue of animal life in my neighborhood which you can see below. If anyone can tell me what a "malu" is, I'd appreciate it.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 11, 2005, Blogger Eagle-eye Di said...

Glad to hear you will have less problems doing the commute back and forth when you want a break to go home for alittle while.Love ya.

 
At Thursday, May 12, 2005, Blogger "Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

I will be waiting for pictures of your little gecko friends Jon! I love you. I am enjoying your posts in here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home